Sunday, May 31, 2009

This is a sketch of a sculpture. A couple changes are going to be made. First the birds will not be all the same bird, second the weaving will be less regular. This is the story of the bird carrying the bags. 



Found these poor guys on the road the other day. The things I've been thinking about a lot lately is the details of life. The things that pass us by most of the time but occasionally it gets noticed and then it has a new power. I have also been interested in the struggle of man and nature. Really thinking about the place where these two forces meet or collide.



These are several drawing I am doing. I am working out a language with these. They grow organically for me and they remind me of the philosophers stones in Chinese gardens.






1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! I absolutely love the installation! I didn’t see that coming. It’s a surprise, it is exciting and I can’t wait to see in person. There is a connection to the drawings too. I get a sense of the struggle you speak of, man vs. nature....it’s ongoing kinda like the drawings. Great negative space too....don’t know if that is completed and intentional?? The negative space gives me a feeling of what may be beyond the struggle.....corny? Me, not your art. :) The size is powerful as well.....big struggle = big art representing big struggle. Bravo, Baby!

    ReplyDelete