Monday, July 12, 2010

I have been working on a better presentation of my work. Something a bit more polished. Here is the result.
Why I chose these plants:
I was inspired by a plant thriving on the sidewalk in Boston on Newbury St next to AIB. I thought it looked familiar, I had seen it in my garden I thought. Turns out I was right. As soon as I go home there is was in the garden.
Beyond that:
This plant is known as Purslane- it is edible, it is higher in Omega 3 fatty acids than spinach and has a high concentration of vitamin C in the stem. According to the web site I found it has the same nutritional benefits of okra.
http://hsny.blogspot.com/2009/07/edible-weeds.html

Photo from Sidewalk at AIB





It has a manual interactive water administering device. (a copper cup with a large dropper). Instructions for dispensing the H2O will be included.
The frame is aluminum so the holding structure won't fall off the wall and hurt someone. (I'm just so glad when my piece fell off the wall at AIB no one was there!)
I have also upgraded the holder for the plant I have sealed the plaster so it won't break down as quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment